Monday, September 26, 2011

Taking A Moment

Today I'm exhausted! Work stresses me out, and sends my blood pressure through the roof.  I always said that I would never be a stay at home mom, but it's got to be easier than working AND being a mom...Right? I know right now, there is no feasible way for me to stay home and be with my kids, maybe that will happen when they are all in school.  Oh that would almost be heaven.

A whole day without children.  Oh what would I do with my time?  Maybe my laundry would always be done, and the sink empty.  Maybe the laundry that was done would actually be put away in the drawers they belonged in.  Maybe my shower would be white, and not beige with a hint of brown.  Maybe you could walk on my floors with out your feet turning black.  Maybe supper would always be on time, and the fridge would never be empty.  Oh what a wonderful world that would be.

But, is God using me to witness to those I work with, whether my job stresses me out or not?  I'm sure He is.  Actually, I KNOW He is. My attitude during the day and how I handle those who rub me the wrong way, and talk nonsense about me is a reflection on how close my walk with God really is.  If I cuss them out and talk bad about them behind their backs, and whisper and gossip, that is not only a horrible reflection on me, but of my Father.   He has taught me better than that, and I need to remember that always; no matter where I am.

Even though I came home tonight wishing that I had called in sick, I had to change modes and enter the Mommy mode.  The mode where needy, and some unhappy patients turned into whining and fussing children.  Where mouths full of cavities turned into a bloody nose.  Where insurance frustrations turned into obeying problems.

As tired as I am, eyes burning, longing for the moment that I can put on my pajamas and put my head on my pillow, We, as a family sat down to eat dinner at the table, went outside to play stuck in the mud in the pitch black, and read my girls stories before they went to bed.  Just because my day was a total disaster, doesn't mean that I can't take that moment to let my kids know how very much they are loved.  And just to hear them squealing and laughing running around the backyard, makes my heart so giddy, that my worries from work earlier today don't seem to quite matter as much.  And, it doesn't really matter if my feet turn black inside the house, my kids didn't seem to care.

Take a moment to clear your head from work, the nasty cashier at the check out line, or the car that totally cut you off on the interstate.  Take a moment to remember that our day couldn't have been worse than the pain that our Father went through to give us this life that we are supposed to be living for Him.

Take a moment to remember that we are our children's role models, that we shape who they will become.  Just think, if they see us taking a moment to go to God and ask for help throughout the day, or they see us getting frustrated, but taking a moment to make good out of bad, they will model what they are shown.  Who cares if the dishes are done, or the laundry put away, or if you work at a job, or work at home? No matter what we do, we need to take a moment and remember that we're supposed to do it all for Him!

Because of Him,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment