Friday, September 30, 2011

I'll Be Out On The Front Steps!

I've done it again! I have 9, yes you read that right NINE children at my house tonight all ages 11 and under.  With 1 adult to supervise the whole meeting.  That one adult would be me!  What was I thinking?  I'm not sure that I was.  But on a serious note, I love each and everyone of these children that I have in my home.  They are all friends, and they all have their own idiosyncrasies that make each of them unique and for some reason they all work.

Now, when Shylah & Molly found out that we were going to have company tonight, and that they were going to have other people to play with besides each other, something happens to them.  They get all excited, they can't contain their emotions and they each have a smile from ear to ear.  Why is that?

Why is it that kids get all excited to have some one to play with, talk to, spend time with, and share secrets with?  Is it because they know what joy really is? Is it because they love sharing their time with people that understand them? Is it because they have a special connection that makes it so exciting to be together?

What about adult girlfriends, or ladies Bible studies, or a girls' night out.  What makes us so happy about getting together with our girl friends that we are absolutely gitty and so unbelievably disappointed if the plans fall through?  Is it because we miss that bonding time, is it because we miss the deep, genuine talks?  Is it because we can tell our friends exactly how we feel about something, and feelings aren't hurt, because we know that it is said out of love for the other person?  I love it when me and a couple of my friends get together and we can just sit and talk to each other from the heart.

I am sure God put our friends in our lives for this purpose, for our friends to fill our hearts and speak to us truthfully about life.   What if we ran to God with the excitement that we have when we are getting together with our friends, if we ran to God with open arms, so excited to talk to him that we couldn't stop smiling.  That we told God how we were really feeling, but knowing that His feelings weren't getting hurt because we were speaking to Him in love.  Or, if it was the other way around, if we heard what God was saying to us, and even if we didn't like it, we knew that it was all out of His love for us.

Don't you think that God wants us to be so excited to see Him, and talk to Him, and pour out our hearts to Him that we can hardly contain ourselves?

Maybe we need to be more like the 9 children that are tearing my house apart right now.  Maybe we need to be so excited to spend time with our Father that we can't wait another minute.  Can you imagine how close we would become to our greatest friend?  Can you imagine how full our hearts would be?  How big our smiles would be?

So, as I finish this, I'm hearing the team work, and the giggles, and the excitement of friends being together.  Even if I'm out numbered.  Even if I will be deaf in the morning, or out of sugary snacks.

The bond that these kids are forming are hopefully going to be for a lifetime.  Just like our bond with our Heavenly Father will be for an eternal lifetime!

So, while these kids are turning my house upside down, I will be out on the front steps, taking it all in.

Because of Him,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment