Friday, August 5, 2011

The Gift of Whining

Well, it's been that kind of day.  Really though, it's only been an hour since I have been home from work. Whining.  Is this really how we teach our children to speak to us?  I remember it very differently. Say Mommy. I don't ever remember saying "Can you say BBBUUUTTT MMMOOOOMMM?".  Or "Shylah hit me", or "she took my blanket".  I know that everyday God is taking on the task of trying to teach me patience.  Couple words...NOT WORKING.  I get so frustrated when my girls can't talk to me without putting in a whine.

Thinking of that though, do we whine to God?  Do we try to make bargains with Him?  "Are you kidding me Lord?" "If you just do this one thing for me, then I will never ask for anything again."

How do we expect our children to learn how to talk to us when we ask our Father for the same things that we tell our children not to do?

Here's the deal, you do this and I will do that.  Well, negotiating isn't really going to work for you now is it.  Is negotiating with God going to work either?

I have often felt that God is testing me on the patience aspect of my life.  I have absolutely no tolerance for whining and even less for disobeying.  But, how do you handle that? Whine when you talk to them, making it sound ridiculous, stomp my feet and jump up and down shouting "I don't wanna do that"?  How about disobeying? Do you give them a chance, count to 3, do the "hairy eyeball" glance, send them to their room? Good grief, the possibilities are endless.  I have decided to go to God in prayer!

"Dear Lord, please help me in making the right decisions in correcting my children right now."  I'll let you all know how this works out for me, but I have a feeling that it's will all work out according to His plan.

Happy Parenting!
Because of Him,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment