Thursday, August 4, 2011

Well all, I've jumped on the blog wagon.  This isn't the first time and it probably won't be the last.  But, lately God has been putting on my heart that I need work when it comes to my parenting abilities.

I need to be a direct link to my children growing up to love the Lord.  And I'm not so sure that I have been that role model that they need.  Yes, I know that my girls know who God is, they know what He did and why...but is that really enough?  Is it enough to put on a Veggie Tales video about obeying, or is there something more that I need to be doing? Yes, I am  faithful to go to church every Sunday, yes, I am faithful to give, yes, I am obedient to help others before I think of myself, but what are we teaching our girls when I don't always obey what the Lord is instructing me to? When we are living in debt, when we cuss, when we don't take time to pray as a family, when we don't open His word everyday.  How can I expect my children to obey and grow up loving Him when I don't show by example?

So, with this blog I hope to learn daily from my 3 girls. I am hoping that I can successfully open His word on a daily basis and learn on how to learn from them, but most importantly how I can raise 3 beautiful Godly children.

Thank you all for joining me on this journey! It will be one for the record books I am sure.

Because of Him,
Michelle

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm so excited to share in this journey with you, online and in the 'real world'!!
    ~Shannon

    ReplyDelete